HTML5 meter Tag is useful to display the data in a graphical format (horrizontal bar chart) on the webpage.
HTML5 meter Tag Example:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTML5 meter Tag Example</title> </head> <body> <meter value="70" min="0" max="100">70 out of 100</meter><br /> <meter value="0.85">85%</meter>
As you can see above, meter tag is used to display data in a graphical format, usually as a horrizontal bar chart on the webpage.
Difference between HTML5 and HTML 4.01:
The meter tag is new addition in HTML5. It was not available in old version of HTML.
At present the meter tag is supported by Chrome and Opera only.
Meter Tag Attributes:
1. form: It specifies form ids. This tag can belong to multiple forms. Multiple forms ids should be space separated in this attribute.
2. high: It specifies the values that is considered as a high value in the specified range. It should be less than max value and should be greater than min value.
3. low: It specifies the values that is considered as a low value in the specified range. It should be less than max value and should be greater than min value.
4. max: It specifies the upper bound value in the range.
5. min: It specifies the lower bound value in the range.
6. value: It specifies the current value in the range.